With our California endless summer this season, what better way to celebrate than this light and bright bread! A great addition to the breakfast spread, or enjoy it while traveling to your river of choice. Made with super foods and love, even your non-hippie friends will enjoy!
Step 1 Ingredients:
- 1 cup oatmeal, ground (using a food processor)
- 1 cup stone ground wheat flour (sub 1 1/4 cup Bob’s Redmill Gluten Free Pizza Dough for gluten free option)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. clove
- 1/4 cup flax seeds, ground
- 1/4 cup poppyseeds
- 1 tbl. lavender, ground
[ can grind all ground ingredients together in food processor at the same time! ]
Mix all together in large bowl.
Step 2 Ingredients:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Pulp of 1 juiced orange (without peel) and 1 lemon (with peel) – remove large pieces
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sweet white wine (I used Obsession by Ironstone Vineyards)
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
Mix all together in a bowl, then add to Step 1 bowl. Stir until combined.
Spray a loaf pan with spray [ I prefer high heat organic sunflower oil spray ] and then pour mixture into pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.