Crafting a Unique Student Experience
Length: 3 hours (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education hours)
Opening: November 12, 10 am
Price: $50 | Reserve NOW!
This course is designed to bring teachers to a higher level of service with their offerings, as we look to inspire students while inviting them to a sustainable practice. We will discover ways to use the Yamas and Niyamas as a foundation in our classes with a focus on safety in postures, all while weaving together a unique experience for students.
This course is designed specifically for PureJoy teachers as part of the PureJoy Yoga + Wellness Teacher Standards, Thriving as Teachers. It is open to all teachers with a minimum of 200 hours of training who hold the designation 200 RYT with Yoga Alliance. This course counts as 3 hours of Continuing Education requirements through Yoga Alliance.
- Review of the Yamas and Niyamas
- Discussion on application in personal practice, life, and as teachers
- Asana practice with focus on Yamas & Niyamas, integrating themes in classes
SAFETY IN ASANA – 1 HOUR
- Asana practice reviewing outdated posture cues to common poses
- Modifications for different body styles and ailments (lower back issues, prenatal, beginners)
- Viveka – discernment in teaching
- Bandhas and the application in postures; learning to see prana in student’s bodies
STUDENT EXPERIENCE – 1 HOUR
- Themes in Classes – handout and discussion
- Defining your “Why” as a Teacher – worksheet
- Assisting Primer – learning the art and ethics of touch in yoga classes
BUY SPIRITUAL GRAFITTI by MC YOGI